Natural Fiber - also known as China grass
- Very absorbent (more absorbent than linen)
- Quick dryin.
- Very resistant to mildew and rotting
- Good strength
- Smooth lustrous appearance that improves with washing
- Similar to linen, but lower quality
- Fibers are brittle, with low twisting or bending strength.
- Poor resiliency
- Wrinkles easily
MAJOR END USES:
- Apparel - dresses, suits, separates, skirts, jackets, pants, blouses, shirts, childrenswear.
- Home Fashions - curtains, draperies, upholstery, bedspreads, table linens, sheets, dish towels.
Comment - Best in blends with other softer fibers.
Return to Fiber Characteristics Index
Continue to Fiber/Fabric Care
Or, Return to Seminar Index
Please let us know your
comments about this
site. Or, contact us to find out more about our live seminar
programs for major retailers, associations or consumer groups.