Pacific Coast Down
- Pacific Coast Feather Company bedding products, manufactured by Pacific Coast Feather Company, include Pacific Coast Down, Titanium Down, Lyocell Down and USA sourced natural material.
- A leather process technology, which imparts glove leather resistance to chemicals such as oil, petroleum, and diesel for greater safety and security in the military, fire-fighting, high-tech industrial, and motor racing. Parados leather can be produced in lightweight substances without affecting the chemical repellency, allowing for soft, fine, and comfortable gloves.
- Pertexion® is Perseverance Mills' extemely waterproof coating for use in bags and outerwear.
- Pharr Yarns, LLC's High Performance (HP) Yarns are spun from
fibers that have unique inherent properties such as flame and/or
heat resistance, chemical resistance, cut resistance, exceptionally
high strength, and electro-static dissipation, etc. End uses for HP
Yarns may include protective clothing for the military, fire
services and industry, industrial work gloves, filtration fabrics,
high temperature straps/harnesses, conveyor belting, and
- Develped by Sympatex Technologies, this composite material provides functionality during low activity. The 3D foam dots on the membrane act as spacers to the skin and gives increased heat insulation through air chambers between 3D foam dots. During High activity and reduced heat insulation, increased perspiration removal and breathability due to membrane expansion. The benefits offer smart climate control through dynamic heat insulation. Phaseable is as durable as a 3 layer laminate, but is as lightweight as a 2 layer laminate.
The fabric is comfortable, 100% waterproof (20.000 mm), breathable, 100% windproof, 100% solvent free, and uses an ecological coating process. Reduced carbon footprint is achieved through 100% EU production.
- Produced by PLUS Compound Technologies, PLUS’s virgin
material, and is made from a proprietary formulation of high
performance thermo elastic copolymers that are 100% recyclable.
PLUSfoam is made in large sheets that can be used for a number
of products, including traction pads and deck pads for surfing,
stomp pads for snowboarding, as well as for handles or grips
and virtually anything currently using an EVA or a rubber
- Polarguard® is an insulation continuous
filament polyester fiber developed by
INVISTA. It has been specified by the U. S.
Armed Forces, as the insulation material for
its Extreme Cold Weather Sleep System
sleeping bag, which must protect in extreme
cold environments of minus 60 F. It was
selected because of its high warmth to
weight ratio and easier compressibility. It
was selected over goose down because of
its superior insulation when wet.
- Polarguard® continuous filament
polyester is a member of the
Polarguard Family of Insulation Products.
Polarguard® combines a super void
cross section with modified batting
formation. The larger void creates higher loft
with less weight, making it warmer, yet
lighter. The result is a state-of-the art
insulation that offers superior performance
in sleeping bags and outdoor apparel under
the harshest environments.
- Polarguard® 3D, made by INVISTA, is a
continuous, polyester fiber with a down-like
softness. It is used for fiberfill for sleeping
bags, gloves, outdoor jackets and pants,
and for other outdoor gear. The exclusive
high-void cross section of the fiber prevents
collapse and retains loft after years of use.
In Polarguard 3D the new finer deniers
create insulation that remains strong and
warm for high performance outerwear.
- Polarguard® HV is a polyester insulation
produced by INVISTA. The HV stands for
"high void continuous filament." It offers all
the advantages of Polarguard® but is 25%
lighter, because it traps greater quantities of
air. It is also highly compressible, resists
wet conditions, and is very durable. Most
sleeping bag manufacturers give it a lifetime
Polartec® Aqua Shell®
- Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabrics, made by Malden Mills, feature the warmth of Polartec® thermal fabrics, combined with bodyhugging 4-way stretch and a windproof membrane. They are designed to replace neoprene and spandex skins for many water sports by providing far greater comfort and increased warmth per weight. The 4-way stretch provides a comfortable, non-restrictive fit along with easy donning and doffing. The polyester construction provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabrics are also odor- and itch-resistant and non-chafing, have outstanding sun protection (UPF 30+), and dry faster than neoprene.
- Polartec® Classic 100" Classic 200", and Classic 300" fabrics are the reference standard for lightweight warmth and breathability. These fabrics have been the primary insulation layer of choice among experienced outdoor enthusiasts for nearly two decades. The 100% polyester velour construction creates air pockets that trap air and retain body heat. Unlike less expensive fleece fabrics, Polartec® Classics maintain their insulating ability and non-pilling appearance after repeated laundering.
Polartec® Power Dry®
- Polartec® Power Dry® keeps skin dry. Anti-microbial finish. Dries quickly. Very breathable base layer for all activities. Polartec¨ Power Dry¨ fabrics are designed to keep your skin dry when you sweat. All fabrics in this series feature a patented bi-component knit construction that uses different yarns on either side of the fabric. This creates two different surfaces: one that is optimized to move moisture away from the skin, the other to dry quickly.
Polartec® Power Shield
- Polartec® Power Shield fabrics represent the next generation of
technical outerwear - body armor against the elements. This
clothing concept goes beyond traditional 2 -layer systems, which
feature fleece insulation and a waterproof/breathable shell, to a
single layer that protects against abrasion and cold, wet weather.
They feature a smooth, tightly woven nylon face for abrasion
resistance equal or superior to the best shells, but without the
stiffness and noise. They also have a polyester velour back that
traps air and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Garments
made from Polartec® Power Shield" fabrics are designed to
replace traditional fleece and PTFE shell systems for most
outdoor clothing applications, reducing the weight and number
of layers needed to insulate and protect. They are ideal for
Polartec® Power Shield
- Polartec® is a brand distributed by Polartec, LLC. Flame resistant
knit fabrics for thermal and outer protection.
Polartec® Power Stretch®
- Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature body-hugging 4-way stretch and are very breathable. These are the most versatile outdoor apparel fabrics available today. The proprietary construction features two unique surfaces: the durable nylon outer layer is wind- and abrasion-resistant; the soft polyester velour inner layer is warm and comfortable.
Polartec® Thermal Pro®
- Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabrics are the most durable of the
Polartec® thermal fabrics. Thermal Pro¨ fabrics offer great
styling options for virtually every end use. The 100% polyester
proprietary fibers and low-pile-velour, pebbled, or shearling
surface create a fabric that is at least 30 times more durable
than bargain fleece. These fabrics offer excellent breathability
and dry quickly, and the velour or pebbled back traps air and
provides outstanding warmth without weight. Many styles are
also available with a water-repellent finish that sheds rain and
snow. Unlike conventional fleece fabrics, Polartec® Thermal
Pro® fabrics maintain their insulating ability and non-pilling
appearance after repeated laundering and represent the state of
the art in fleece fabrics.
Polartec® Wind Pro®
- Polartec® Wind Pro® fabrics are 4 times more wind-resistant than conventional fleece and represent the evolution of lightweight insulation. Proprietary yarns and a very tight construction greatly reduce the effects of wind chill, the Achilles heel of traditional fleece. The durable water-repellent surface sheds rain and snow. Velour or pebbled back efficiently traps air and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Both surfaces of these fabrics are finished for maximum durability and pill-free performance. They retain their insulating ability and original appearance after repeated use and laundering. The combination of wind resistance, warmth, and breathability provides outstanding comfort in a wide range of activities. Polartec® Wind Pro® fabrics are ideal for stylized or technical outerwear as well as versatile layering garments.
- Polartec® Windbloc-ACT® fabrics provide wind and weather
protection for active sports where enhanced breathability is
required. By combining several features in a single fabric, they
eliminate the need for a windbreaker or additional shell.
Patent-pending Air Control Technology® (ACT) enables the
fabric to block 98% of the wind. The remaining 2% is allowed
to circulate within the fabric, which greatly enhances moisture
vapor transmission - 2 times faster than other windproof
fleece Ð and improves breathability, reducing the risk of
heat-stress buildup. Featuring a breathable stretch-
polyurethane membrane, Polartec® Windbloc-ACT® fabrics
are constructed with durable water repellency to shed rain
and snow. Versions are available that feature a Polartec®
Power Dry® lining for moisture management. Polartec®
- Polartec® Windbloc® fabrics block 100% of the wind and offer maximum protection from the cold and the elements. They combine the warmth of Polartec® thermal fabrics with a polyurethane barrier membrane that allows moisture vapor transmission and is completely windproof and waterproof, eliminating the need for a windbreaker or additional shell. This reduces the weight and number of layers needed to protect and insulate. These fabrics are very durable, quiet, and non-pilling, and have enhanced stretch and recovery, making them appropriate for general outerwear and accessories where weather protection is desirable. Polartec® Windbloc® fabrics are ideal when the activity level is low or intermittent, and when cold and inclement weather demands high-performance outer protection.
- Polygiene prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria and
fungi at the source, permanently. To do this Polygiene uses low
concentrations of silver salt (silver chloride), which has
antimicrobial properties and is naturally present in water and
soil, to safely eliminate the ability for bacteria and fungi to grow.
The permanent treatment is applied at the finishing stages of
textile production and odor control is possible as the technology
is bound and permanently integrated in the fabric and will not
wash out. Polygiene silver salt technology is only active on the
textiles itself and with a heritage in the healthcare sector
Polygiene has applied its expertise and testing to ensure that
there is no effect on the natural bacterial flora of the skin.
Polygiene is not nanosilver.
- Eco-friendly FR topical treatment for polyester and polyester rich fabrics in furnishing, upholstery, transportation and contract applications
- A boldly comfortable textured pile fabric, made from Glenoit Fabrics' sliver knitting process..The fabric is vary light-weight for it's volume. It has multi-season comfort, is easy-care, and non-shrink.
- Developed by Sommers Plastics, Popper is the latest generation
of thermochromatic (color changing) matrials. Based on liquid-
crystal technology, Popper goes through three distinct color
changes depending on temperature. Below 18 degrees C, the
opaque top color is visible; between 18-30 degrees C (room
temp.), the middle color is apparent; warmed up above 30
degrees C (by touch of hands, room or water temp.), the base
color, print or peek-a-boo message becomes visible "popping"
- Porelle Membranes specialize in the development of membrane
systems used by worldwide manufacturing companies,
particularly in the production of garments & accessories,
footwear, filtration and medical products. Porelle produce a wide
variety of membranes for use in high-end markets to supply a
wide variety of waterproof and breathable membranes. Our
membranes are also resistant to high temperatures and are
extremely durable. Anti-static and chemical splash resistant
options are also available.
PORON® Performance Cushioning
- For over 40 years, PORON® Performance Cushioning has
been a leading ingredient for comfort and cushioning
products, from the everyday to the extreme – at home, work
and play. Dependable PORON Cushioning withstands your
daily wear, and offers materials with shock absorption,
cushioning, custom contouring, and other benefits that can
help you go longer and reduces fatigue over time. PORON
Cushioning brings you long-lasting performance, comfort
and fit in a range of applications from footwear to sports
apparel and cushioning. Brought to you by Rogers
Corporation, a global leader in innovative materials
development, PORON Technology provides the very best in
performance cushioning, from extreme, high-impact
protection to moisture management.
- Consisting of a unique combination of sustainable materials
and recycled content, while maintaining excellent physical
properties, PORON® ReGen™ urethane is latex and PVC free, and
contains no VOC’s. The PORON® open-cell urethanes maintain
their like-new softness, flexibility and shape, along with shock
absorption and moisture management properties, resulting in
maximum comfort. They are available in a broad range of
formulations, densities, thicknesses and colors to meet a variety
of application needs to the environmentally conscious outdoor
equipment, gear, and apparel manufacturers and retailers.
PORON® ReSource Performance Cushioning
- A 2nd generation PORON® Performance Cushioning
manufactured with renewable and recycled materials,
ReSource Cushioning is an ideal material for those taking
active steps towards sustainability but do not want to
compromise product performance, now using 45.96% less
petroleum-based polyols, over twice the amount used in the
1st generation material. PORON ReSource Cushioning is
open-cell, breathable, shock absorbing material that
maintains all of the superior cushioning and performance
benefits found throughout the entire line of PORON
All PORON materials are developed to be free of latex,
(polyvinyl chloride), VOC's (volatile organic compounds) and
heavy metals. PORON ReSource Performance Cushioning
manufactured using a soy-based polyol, which replaces
- This performance material offers resistance to abrasion,
friction, tension, and stitch stress. PORON® urethanes are
lightweight, smooth to the touch, and resist piping, for the
greatest degree of shoe comfort, over the greatest length of
time. The PORON Urethanes materials offer a wide variety
of colors, thicknesses, densities and surface textures to
accommodate any kind of shoe for almost any activity - from
the everyday wear associated with dress shoes, to the
rigorous demands placed on shoes worn during high-impact
sports and exercise. End-uses include: Strap Padding,
Glove Cushioning, Sports Equipment Padding, Saddles,
Saddle Pads, Protective Equipment, Apparel, Seating
Cushioning, Back Packs, Handle Grips for Sports
PORON® XRD™ Extreme Impact Protection Material
- This protection material is a breakthrough technology that
been tested to absorb up to 90 percent of energy when
at high strain rates.* The PORON XRD design difference
thin, flexible, and breathable alternative to traditional
so your customers can say good bye to uncomfortable,
protection. The extreme impact protection developed by the
Rogers Corporation High Performance Foams Research
Development Team is ideal for use in sporting goods,
industry products and other applications where protection,
comfort, and consistent performance are required
- This VELCRO® Brand PRESS-LOK™ system is an innovative and easy-to-use re-close system for flexible packaging, developed by Velcro USA. It is the only closure system that can be closed while blind-folded. VELCRO® Brand PRESS-LOK™ allows for precise, easy alignment that securely closes around particulates. The micro-hook feature has a thin, tight seal, an audible opening & closing, a tactile feel closure that is suitable for a wide variety of products, including powdered products.
- Prima-Tex prints and finishes wovens, knits and specialty fabrics made from cotton, poly/cotton blends, Lycra® blends, denim, nylon, and poly/rayon blends. The company’s design staff has the capability to design a variety of print patterns including florals, ditsy prints, abstracts, plaids, stripes and a variety of conversational patterns.
- PrimaLoft ECO uses fibers made with 70% post consumer recycled materials to create a high loft, thermally efficient, earth-friendly insulation.
PrimaLoft® ECO FOOTWEAR
- PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR uses fibers made with 50% post consumer recycled materials to make a thermally efficient insulation. This earth friendly product provides superior durability and fit for lasting comfort. Gram for gram, PrimaLoft ECO FOOTWEAR keeps feet warmer, wet or dry.
- PrimaLoft INFINITY is a fine denier high-loft continuous filament
insulation engineered for maximum warmth, compressibility, and
- PrimaLoft ONE is the highest performing insulation on the market
for warmth, water resistance, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft ONE is an ultra fine micro fiber insulation that is as
warm, soft, and lightweight as down, and is warmer wet or dry
than all other insulations.
- PrimaLoft SPORT is a premium performance insulation engineered for superior warmth, water
resistance, loft, softness and compressibility.
PrimaLoft® The Luxury Down Alternative™
- PrimaLoft® - The Luxury Down Alternative™, is the synthetic insulation of choice for the world’s leading bedding and home manufacturers. It’s incredibly soft and lightweight, antimicrobial and hypoallergenic, and machine washable and dryable for easy care. PrimaLoft was developed by Albany International Corp. under contract to the U.S. Army to mimic the properties of down while maintaining the performance aspects of a synthetic. It is a unique microfiber polyester fill that is as soft and warm as down. PrimaLoft bedding and home furnishing products can be found in fine specialty stores, department stores, and catalogs.
- PrimaLoft YARN is a knittable microfiber yarn that can be used alone or combined with other materials, such as Merino Wool or Cotton, to enhance softness and performance characteristics.
- This innovation from Lenzing Fibers is a fiber blend of Lenzing Modal® and Tencel® in which two fibers complement each other. The combination of these two fibers unites the softness and functionality of both fibers.
- Proof Ace®, developed by Unitika, is a ceramic microporous coating applied to nylon or cationic dyeable polyester fabric to create windproof and waterproof qualities, with moisture permeability. The coating is used for skiwear and outerwear.
- ProSpin® is a patented core-spun yarn, made by Cone Mills, featuring a polyester core wrapped with a pima cotton blend (55% cotton/45% polyester (core spun)). The result is a fabric which offers the aesthetics of cotton with the performance of a synthetic. ProSpin is naturally wrinkle-resistant and over twice as strong as wrinkle free cotton fabrics with resin treatment. ProSpin is used in men's and women's casual clothing.
- Developed by DOWNLITE, Pur-Down is the company's exclusive
antimicrobial technology, offering a reduction of 99.7% of the
microbes that can cause unwanted odors that naturally occur in
down. This bluesign® chemistry is washed into the down during
the sterilization process and delivers lasting freshness to the
product. The Pur-down treatment has no advserse effects on
down loft or cleanliness, and is completely eco-friendly.
PyroSafe by Antex®
- PyroSafe by antex®, a new line of flame
resistant cotton knits, offers protective
clothing manufacturers dramatic new
possibilities to expand their lines of fire
resistant clothing by introducing the softest,
most comfortable and most durable fabrics on the
market for industrial applications. Pyrosafe
fabrics are currently in use by the U.S.
- This fiber is a modified acrylic, but not a modacrylic, and has a limiting oxygen index (LOI) of 43%. It is also acid and alkali resistant, UV resistant and solvent resistant. Most importantly, it does not melt, drip or produce toxic fumes. The fiber can be used in nonwoven applications, as well as textiles and composites, and is available as fiber in 2.5 den and 3.5 den and cut lengths between 0.8-4.0in (10-120mm). The fiber is suited for a variety of markets including: public transportation (aircraft, railway, coaches); protective apparel; interior fabrics; construction; and hot gas filtration. PyroTex® passes all requirements for Class I of the Oeko-Tex 100 Standard.