- Developed by BondCote, NANO-Spear" is a new coated fabric technology developed to inhibit odor causing bacteria and a wide array of microorganisms including mold, mildew, and fungi. Integrated within the fabric is a microscopic bed of nano-size spikes that lie in wait to puncture the cell walls of invading microbes, inhibiting them as they come to rest on the fabrics surface. NANO-Spear technology is a totally new approach in providing long-lasting antimicrobial protection for coated fabrics used in industries that require the highest levels of hygiene.
Nano-Tex® All Conditions Fleece
- Nano-Tex transforms the fleece fibers at a molecular level to
create this water-repellant and static-free fabric. Hydrophobic
nanoscale “whiskers” elevate water molecules above the fabric’s
surface, which helps prevent liquid from penetrating the fabric.
To eliminate static, positive and negative ions dissipate static
charge as soon as it occurs, preventing static cling, and
unpleasant static shock.
Nano-Tex® Coolest Comfort
- This enhancement is a moisture management solution that
provides superior moisture wicking. Wrinkle-free cottons are
hydrophobic and uncomfortable to the wearer, but with Coolest
Comfort the natural moisture wicking ability of the fabric is
restored. Also, Coolest Comfort provides superior moisture
wicking for synthetic fabrics, without the manufacturing
complexities or cost of the leading brand.
Nano-Tex® Dry Inside
- A revolutionary new fabric known as “performance cotton”. Dry
Inside combines the moisture management capabilities of the
best synthetic active-wear garments with the comfort of 100%
cotton. By modifying cotton at the molecular level, Nano-Tex
has created a fabric that funnels moisture away from the skin
and towards the outer surface where it then evaporates. The
result is a fabric that wicks moisture away from skin, won’t feel
heavy and damp and retains its natural softness.
- Using a special molecular structure, Nano-Tex Neutralizer fabric
intercepts odor molecules caused from perspiration. It clutches
these molecules to prevent offending scents from being released
into the air, and creates a filter that captures body odor traveling
through the fabric. Upon washing, the odor molecules are
eliminated from the fabric altogether. Unlike anti-microbial
treatments or silver-based treatments, Neutralizer doesn’t use
harsh chemicals to kill bacteria. Instead, it neutralizes the odor
molecules themselves, making for a more environmentally
Nano-Tex® Releases Stains
- Nano-Tex employs nanotechnology to transform the molecular
structures of fibers, creating release agents that are activated
with water and detergent. In regular home laundry, these agents
dislodge tough, stubborn, ground-in stains, restoring the
original beauty of the fabric. These release agents are
permanently bound to, and become one with the fibers, resulting
in a permanent transformation and continual performance.
Nano-Tex® Repels Spills & Releases Stains
- This dual action technology provides premium protection against
spills and stains, by combining Nano-Tex repellency and release
agents. Nano-Tex employs nanotechnology to attach nanoscale
“whiskers” that repel liquids, plus release agents that release
tough, ground-in stains in the wash.
Nano-Tex® Resists Spills
- Nano-Tex modifies fabric at the molecular level by
permanently attaching hydrophobic nanoscale
“whiskers” to individual fibers. This acts to
elevate liquids, preventing them from wetting the
fabric. The durable transformation of the fibers
causes spills to bead up and roll off, retains the
fabric’s natural breathability and
provides lasting performance.
Nano-Tex® Resists Static
- Provides revolutionary static resistance for synthetic fabrics.
Each fiber has been fundamentally transformed through
nanotechnology, and the result is a fabric that provides
permanent static protection, repels lint, dust, dirt and pet hair,
while retaining the fabric’s softness and breathability.
- Developed by Radici and exclusively distributed in North America
by ICF Mercantile, LLC, this bacteriostatic polyester yarn was
developed using nanotechnology. The fiber is impregnated with
silver ions, rather than being deposited on the surface as in
traditional bacteriostatic yarns. Combining nanoparticle
technology with solution dyeing results in this robust final
product that outperforms yarns manufactured using traditional
topical finishing techniques. Nanofeel® is marketed towards
sportswear, technical wear, intimate apparel, hosiery, swimwear,
and home furnishings.
- Developed by Next Fiber Technology, NanoGLIDE is a Permanent PTFE Patented Technology for performance apparel and socks that will not wash or wear out, and will retain all other features such as stretch. The fiber’s natural color is white with denier ranges from 60-1200. NanoGLIDE is raising the bar by taking moisture management, skin protection, abrasion, and comfort into high energy levels of: 1) extreme moisture wicking, 2) enhanced durability, 3) ultra-fast drying, 4) reduced friction and 5) extreme abrasion resistance. NanoGLIDE's extreme performance and comfort is gentle on the skin, yet achieve maximum protection. The NanoGLIDE Technology can be used on both knit and woven fabrics.
- Developed by SNS Nano Fiber Technology, Nanosan®, is a new
type of nonwoven composed of polymer nanofibers. Utilizing
SNS's proprietary technology, nanofibers can now be
produced in larger quantities and at a substantially lower cost,
making Nanosan® the first commercially available material of
its kind on the market. Specialized nanofiber membranes can
also be produced to customer specifications. Nanosan® is
available in a variety of basis weights, up to 2 mm thick.
Nanosan® can also contain particles (up to 150 micron),
dispersed throughout the nanofiber matrix or encapsulated
within the nanofibers themselves, thus allowing additional
functionality to be added. Nanosan® is suitable for a variety
of applications, including personal care products, protective
tapes for electrical cables, wound care, decontaminat
- Developed by William Barnet & Son, LLC, Nega-Stat® P190 is a unique bi-component core conducting yarn designed for product and end-uses where full grounding is essential and for use in areas where it is not possible to ensure full grounding. Nega-Stat® P190 is used in selected products and specific industrial situations where grounding is either not required or not possible.
- Developed by Springs Creative, NEXAR" Polymers is a breakthrough for improved comfort. These permeable membranes and coatings is a unique solution that addresses the needs of textile innovators for high performance, breathable fabrics. The technology provides moisture-activated cooling and humidity regulation. They are light-weight and flexible, possess a high strength in wet environments, and have demonstrated wash durability. Applications include: sports apparel, outdoor apparel & gear, military and industrial uniforms, as well as medical and geotextile applications.
NIKWAX HYDROPHOBIC DOWN™
- Developed by DOWNLITE and Nikwax, Nikwax Hydrophobic down
is a water-based flourocarbon-free branded solution that offers
safe and reliable WR performance. The WR efficacy can be
refreshed using Nikwax Down Wash™ and Down Proof™ for long
lasting and durable WR protection. NHD treated down will stay
dry longer and maintain its loft, even when wet.
NILIT® Fashion Fibers
- NILIT’s fashion yarns produce a contemporary look and offer a balance between fashion and comfort. NILIT developments include innovative textures, dyeing techniques, and eye-catching attractive colors. NILIT®'s Fashion Fibers trademarks include: NILIT® Black Diamond: Sparkling appearances for hosiery/legwear, intimate apparel and fashion applications; NILIT® Britex: Bright, textured yarns for all applications; NILIT® Colorwise: Rich color shades; NILIT® Duelle: Deep contrasts when combining two colors; NILIT® Pastelle: A range of color shades; NILIT® Arafelle: Heather-effect yarns; NILIT® Duomix: Combine NILIT® nylon 6.6 fibers with Easy Dye cationic polyester fibers; NILIT® Brillion: Soft hand fabrics; NILIT® Softex: Full and Semi dull microfiber yarns with rich color; and NILIT® TRIOMIX: A three-color solution of melange fibers for an optimal fashion heather effect.
Nilit® Performance Fibers
- Through moisture management and anti-bacterial protection, NILIT fibers enhance performance and endurance. The special properties last the life of the garment, and provide extreme resistance. Nilit®'s Performance Fibers group includes: NILIT® Heat–Captures natural body heat to keep wearers warm; NILIT® Innergy– Microfiber with built-in FIR (far infrared ray) properties; NILIT® Aquarius–Moisture management properties for athletic wear; NILIT® BodyFresh– Highly resilient, flexible yarns with antibacterial properties; NILIT® Breeze– Cooling yarns for sportswear, shape wear, hosiery, lingerie and outerwear; NILIT® Eversheer–Covers spandex for protection and an ultra sheer appearance; and NILIT® Higher Tenacity–Used in high-strength, durable fabrics.
- Nordic Spirit®, made by Huntingdon Mills Canada Ltd., are high end pile fabrics made possible by state-of-the-art equipment at the leading edge of computer assisted technologies. These may include polyester, wool, modacrylic, or acyclic fibers of microfibers, imitation furs, and complex jacuard designs. End uses include outerwear, lining in footwear, accessories and home furnishing.
- Novolon® is a revolutionary fabric technology, conducted by Freudenberg, that molds and transforms a two-dimensional substrate into a three-dimensional product, thus improving the perfromance in many applications, including outdoor gear, bedding, medical, filtration, and household cleaning products, etc. As a three-dimensional product, Novolon is sturdy, comfortable, and lightweight, yet incredibly resilient. It is also crush resistant, air permeable, water permeable, and recyclable. Almost any product's performance can be enhanced through the Novolon deep molding process.
- NüHyde is a new patent pending coating, developed by Nüwa Textiles, which increases abrasion resistance by over 450% compared to conventional PU coatings. When the fabric yarns are fused with NüHyde, its high viscosity content creates a barrier on the surface without compromising the tear and tensile strength of the fabric. The coating was tested by the independent testing lab SGS using a 1,000 gram Taber wheel and resulted in an increase from 1,200 cycles for a two-times polyurethane coating to 5,600 cycles for NüHyde.
The specially formulated heavy duty performance coating is ideal for luggage, backpacks, and wear areas of garments.
- Developed by The Mitchell Group, Niles, IL, NuLeather is a faux leather fabric, engineered with the highest quality polycarbonate resins that provide the required durability for the most demanding environments. The fabric’s formulation offers outstanding hydrolysis resistance, and its rayon-polyester backing provides unsurpassed strength. The fabric is VOC free and contains no PVC, plasticizers, phthalates, heavy metals or stabilizers. In addition, there are no chemical flame-retardants, or toxic by-products and virtually all chemicals are recycled by the mill. NuLeather is ideal for luggage, upholstery and the home furnishings market.
- Eco-friendly FR tropical treatment for nylon cotton blends in military and workwear applications
- This proprietary hybrid fiber, developed by Nüwa Textiles, has
a unique finish, which offers both durability and endless
design options. The fabric is featured in stonewashed denim
effects, heathers, straw mat looks, or tatamis through the
careful intermixing of 95% nylon and 5% synthetic blended
fibers that react differently to the dyestuffs. The resulting
Nüwash® fabric features three to four colors within the yarn,
resulting in a depth and richness not previously achieved in
ballistic performance nylon. Developed in heavier weights,
the fabric is available in a full range of 400, 840, and 1680
denier ballistic weaves. Nüwash® fabric is suitable for a
variety of end-use applications including luggage, backpacks,
shoes, river gear, sailing equipment, and other heavy-duty
applications where performance is a r
- Eco-friendly, FR topical treatment for polycotton blends used in workwear and military applications