- Developed by BondCote, OakTreeTM is an FR mesh fabric produced by BondCote Corporation. Just like an oak tree, this fabric is very strong and provides excellent shade from direct sun.
Though lightweight, OakTree provides an average of 85% sun block. The proprietary coating system provides UV, flame, and mildew resistance. OakTree is available in visual and Infrared Reflectant (IR) colors.
OakTree has a minimum service life of 2 years with no degradation of mission performance and a storage life of 5 years, with no significant degradation to extreme temperatures, weathering, mildew, or petroleum, oil, and lubricants (POL). OakTree is weldable.
- Eco-friendly FR topical treatment for natural fiber blends in furnishing, upholstery, transportation and contract applications
OTEX Specialty Narrow Fabrics™
- Manufactured by OTEX Specialty Narrow Fabrics™, a solution provider of innovative narrow woven tapes and webbing for high performance applications, this portfolio of narrow fabrics incorporates a variety of narrow textile webbings, tubes, elastics, tapes, lanyards, bindings, ropes and specialty fabrics for a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, outdoor, safety, military, fire protection, filtration, and electrical arc protection. The company uses such specialty yarns as Nomex®, Kevlar®, Vectran®, PBI, and Technora®, and solution-dyed acrylic. OSNF’s R&D department provides narrow fabric solutions to meet a broad array of unique, custom requirements.
- This patented technology and patent-pending construction methods, own by Columbia Sportswear, bonds a waterproof, breathable membrane directly to the inside of the outermost layer of a shoe or glove, thereby preventing water or dirt from penetrating to internal air-spaces and fabric layers as commonly occurs with products that rely on bulky booties or bladders. OutDry improves waterproof, breathable performance, reduces water-weight gain, maintains insulation capacity, and improves fit and dexterity, resulting in greater comfort. Avoiding water penetration beyond the outermost layer may also help reduce the incidence of mold, mildew and bacteria that often develop when internal fabric layers become wet.
- Outlast® Temperature Regulating Fibers and Fabrics contain
millions of micro-thermal spheres that create a dynamic thermal
barrier that works to keep the micro-climate next to the skin
warm and comfortable, despite changes in outside temperature.
These micro-thermal materials absorb, store, distribute, and
release heat in response to the body's comfort needs. Uses
include: ski boot, gloves, hats, pants, parkas, mountaineering
wear, sleeping bags, socks, thermal underwear and bedding
Outlast® PCM fiberfil
- Developed by Outlast Technologies, is the first PCM (phase change material) for bedding. The fiberfil utilizes Outlast’s recently launched first PCM polyester fiber, which can be easily blended with other fibers, and is suited for bedding products with synthetic fillings. The result is a soft bedding product that also provides an ideal comfort climate by helping to balance temperature and humidity levels during the night. The Outlast® technology works continuously to manage heat and moisture, while reducing sweat production, so less humidity is created inside the bed. Targeted end-use applications for Outlast® PCM fiberfil include fillings for duvets, pillows and sleeping bags.