- This is the group name for Western Nonwovens' Branded products for the Outdoor Recreation and Sports industries. All of WNI's products are produced using continuous filament technology. Because of this, they all stretch, are warm even if wet, can be washed, are naturally durable, and don't require a scrim or quilting in manufacturing. The company's trademark names for its group of outdoor products include Climashield® XP, Climashield® HL, and Climashield® CL.
Climate Technology By Sympatex®
- Developed by Sympatex Technologies, Climate Technology by Sympatex® provides for the perfect shoe climate. This new laminate consists of the membrane and hydrophobic 3D upper material with air pockets. It is 100% waterproof and provides optimal breathability.
The technology is fast wicking from the foot through the hydrophilic inner lining. It gives a large surface area transfer of moisture to the breathable Sympatex membrane and the faster passage of the water vapour to the 3D upper during more strenuous activity. It also improves the air circulation and ventilation effect in the 3D air pockets by the rolling movement of the foot, which results in a pleasant foot climate, comfort for the wearer, maximum performance, and dynamic breathability.
- COMFOREL® is the registered trademark for the INVISTA brand
of bedding products. It offers down-like luxury in bedding
products such as pillows, comforters and mattress pads.
COMFOREL® is also used in furniture applications, which include
decorative pillows and mattress toppers. In pillows, COMFOREL®
clusters shift and move like real down for comparable comfort,
without the worry of allergies commonly associated with down.
New "COMFOREL® Naturals" create an even greater feeling of
luxury by blending the clusters with silk, cashmere and angora.
- ComforTemp® DCC" is Frisby Technologies' patented thermal insulation engineered with "Dynamic Climate Control" for optimum comfort and protection, even in the most severe conditions. ComforTemp DCC is a next generation insulation, which performs like a thermostat to keep your body at a more constant, comfortable temperature. When it senses cold, it releases stored heat. In extreme heat, it absorbs it to provide a cooling effect. Lightweight and breathable, it also keeps you dry by wicking away moisture from your skin. ComforTemp DCC is "Thermasorb-charged," dynamically absorbing and releasing heat, even when compressed. End uses: polyurethane foam and foam/fabric packages.
- This polypropylene fibers are ultra-light and ultra-dry. Among the lightest of all fibers, CoolVisions Ultrafill fibers provide increasse warmth, with less weight and bulk. Nearly zero moisture regain delivers superior dryness. Perspiration escapes as water vapor through small microscopic pores too small for water droplets to penetrate. And with the best carbon footprint of all synthetics, CoolVisions Ultrafill fibers come with the added benefit of sustainability.
- This patented fabric technology combines an encapsulated, reflective-insulation barrier with a soft nonwoven fabric to create a comfortable insulating lining. The micro-thin insulation returns up to 74% of a person's body heat. CORE-FLEQT insulation works as a "heat-morror". Just as a mirror returns light, a "heat-mirror" returns heat. The fabric consists of a waterproof/windproof outer shell that allows excess moisture and heat to escape. The fabric's lining layer allows warm air to circulate next to the body by utilizing the radiant/conductive heat from the body to be reflected back. CORE-FLECT® fabric has applications in athletic apparel, work wear, law enforcement/military, casual wear, and youth apparel.
- Developed by Schoeller, corkshell™ is made from FSC-certified (Forestry Stewardship Council) cork granulate that is a by-product in the production of wine corks. corkshell™ fabrics offer up to 30% higher thermal insulation when compared to traditional soft-shells and is hgihly breathable. corkshell™ fabrics are soft, very lightweight and offer natural antimicrobial properties. In addition, they offer high wearer comfort and aid in moisture and odor management. corkshell™ is suitable for all outdoor activities, especially for cold weather conditions.