- A leather process technology, which imparts glove leather resistance to chemicals such as oil, petroleum, and diesel for greater safety and security in the military, fire-fighting, high-tech industrial, and motor racing. Parados leather can be produced in lightweight substances without affecting the chemical repellency, allowing for soft, fine, and comfortable gloves.
- Develped by Sympatex Technologies, this composite material provides functionality during low activity. The 3D foam dots on the membrane act as spacers to the skin and gives increased heat insulation through air chambers between 3D foam dots. During High activity and reduced heat insulation, increased perspiration removal and breathability due to membrane expansion. The benefits offer smart climate control through dynamic heat insulation. Phaseable is as durable as a 3 layer laminate, but is as lightweight as a 2 layer laminate.
The fabric is comfortable, 100% waterproof (20.000 mm), breathable, 100% windproof, 100% solvent free, and uses an ecological coating process. Reduced carbon footprint is achieved through 100% EU production.
Polartec® Aqua Shell®
- Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabrics, made by Malden Mills, feature the warmth of Polartec® thermal fabrics, combined with bodyhugging 4-way stretch and a windproof membrane. They are designed to replace neoprene and spandex skins for many water sports by providing far greater comfort and increased warmth per weight. The 4-way stretch provides a comfortable, non-restrictive fit along with easy donning and doffing. The polyester construction provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Polartec® Aqua Shell® fabrics are also odor- and itch-resistant and non-chafing, have outstanding sun protection (UPF 30+), and dry faster than neoprene.
- Polartec® Classic 100" Classic 200", and Classic 300" fabrics are the reference standard for lightweight warmth and breathability. These fabrics have been the primary insulation layer of choice among experienced outdoor enthusiasts for nearly two decades. The 100% polyester velour construction creates air pockets that trap air and retain body heat. Unlike less expensive fleece fabrics, Polartec® Classics maintain their insulating ability and non-pilling appearance after repeated laundering.
Polartec® Power Dry®
- Polartec® Power Dry® keeps skin dry. Anti-microbial finish. Dries quickly. Very breathable base layer for all activities. Polartec¨ Power Dry¨ fabrics are designed to keep your skin dry when you sweat. All fabrics in this series feature a patented bi-component knit construction that uses different yarns on either side of the fabric. This creates two different surfaces: one that is optimized to move moisture away from the skin, the other to dry quickly.
Polartec® Power Shield
- Polartec® Power Shield fabrics represent the next generation of
technical outerwear - body armor against the elements. This
clothing concept goes beyond traditional 2 -layer systems, which
feature fleece insulation and a waterproof/breathable shell, to a
single layer that protects against abrasion and cold, wet weather.
They feature a smooth, tightly woven nylon face for abrasion
resistance equal or superior to the best shells, but without the
stiffness and noise. They also have a polyester velour back that
traps air and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Garments
made from Polartec® Power Shield" fabrics are designed to
replace traditional fleece and PTFE shell systems for most
outdoor clothing applications, reducing the weight and number
of layers needed to insulate and protect. They are ideal for
Polartec® Power Shield
- Polartec® is a brand distributed by Polartec, LLC. Flame resistant
knit fabrics for thermal and outer protection.
Polartec® Power Stretch®
- Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature body-hugging 4-way stretch and are very breathable. These are the most versatile outdoor apparel fabrics available today. The proprietary construction features two unique surfaces: the durable nylon outer layer is wind- and abrasion-resistant; the soft polyester velour inner layer is warm and comfortable.
Polartec® Thermal Pro®
- Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabrics are the most durable of the
Polartec® thermal fabrics. Thermal Pro¨ fabrics offer great
styling options for virtually every end use. The 100% polyester
proprietary fibers and low-pile-velour, pebbled, or shearling
surface create a fabric that is at least 30 times more durable
than bargain fleece. These fabrics offer excellent breathability
and dry quickly, and the velour or pebbled back traps air and
provides outstanding warmth without weight. Many styles are
also available with a water-repellent finish that sheds rain and
snow. Unlike conventional fleece fabrics, Polartec® Thermal
Pro® fabrics maintain their insulating ability and non-pilling
appearance after repeated laundering and represent the state of
the art in fleece fabrics.
Polartec® Wind Pro®
- Polartec® Wind Pro® fabrics are 4 times more wind-resistant than conventional fleece and represent the evolution of lightweight insulation. Proprietary yarns and a very tight construction greatly reduce the effects of wind chill, the Achilles heel of traditional fleece. The durable water-repellent surface sheds rain and snow. Velour or pebbled back efficiently traps air and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio. Both surfaces of these fabrics are finished for maximum durability and pill-free performance. They retain their insulating ability and original appearance after repeated use and laundering. The combination of wind resistance, warmth, and breathability provides outstanding comfort in a wide range of activities. Polartec® Wind Pro® fabrics are ideal for stylized or technical outerwear as well as versatile layering garments.
- Polartec® Windbloc-ACT® fabrics provide wind and weather
protection for active sports where enhanced breathability is
required. By combining several features in a single fabric, they
eliminate the need for a windbreaker or additional shell.
Patent-pending Air Control Technology® (ACT) enables the
fabric to block 98% of the wind. The remaining 2% is allowed
to circulate within the fabric, which greatly enhances moisture
vapor transmission - 2 times faster than other windproof
fleece Ð and improves breathability, reducing the risk of
heat-stress buildup. Featuring a breathable stretch-
polyurethane membrane, Polartec® Windbloc-ACT® fabrics
are constructed with durable water repellency to shed rain
and snow. Versions are available that feature a Polartec®
Power Dry® lining for moisture management. Polartec®
- Polartec® Windbloc® fabrics block 100% of the wind and offer maximum protection from the cold and the elements. They combine the warmth of Polartec® thermal fabrics with a polyurethane barrier membrane that allows moisture vapor transmission and is completely windproof and waterproof, eliminating the need for a windbreaker or additional shell. This reduces the weight and number of layers needed to protect and insulate. These fabrics are very durable, quiet, and non-pilling, and have enhanced stretch and recovery, making them appropriate for general outerwear and accessories where weather protection is desirable. Polartec® Windbloc® fabrics are ideal when the activity level is low or intermittent, and when cold and inclement weather demands high-performance outer protection.
- Polygiene prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria and
fungi at the source, permanently. To do this Polygiene uses low
concentrations of silver salt (silver chloride), which has
antimicrobial properties and is naturally present in water and
soil, to safely eliminate the ability for bacteria and fungi to grow.
The permanent treatment is applied at the finishing stages of
textile production and odor control is possible as the technology
is bound and permanently integrated in the fabric and will not
wash out. Polygiene silver salt technology is only active on the
textiles itself and with a heritage in the healthcare sector
Polygiene has applied its expertise and testing to ensure that
there is no effect on the natural bacterial flora of the skin.
Polygiene is not nanosilver.
- A boldly comfortable textured pile fabric, made from Glenoit Fabrics' sliver knitting process..The fabric is vary light-weight for it's volume. It has multi-season comfort, is easy-care, and non-shrink.
- Developed by Sommers Plastics, Popper is the latest generation
of thermochromatic (color changing) matrials. Based on liquid-
crystal technology, Popper goes through three distinct color
changes depending on temperature. Below 18 degrees C, the
opaque top color is visible; between 18-30 degrees C (room
temp.), the middle color is apparent; warmed up above 30
degrees C (by touch of hands, room or water temp.), the base
color, print or peek-a-boo message becomes visible "popping"
- Porelle Membranes specialize in the development of membrane
systems used by worldwide manufacturing companies,
particularly in the production of garments & accessories,
footwear, filtration and medical products. Porelle produce a wide
variety of membranes for use in high-end markets to supply a
wide variety of waterproof and breathable membranes. Our
membranes are also resistant to high temperatures and are
extremely durable. Anti-static and chemical splash resistant
options are also available.
- This performance material offers resistance to abrasion,
friction, tension, and stitch stress. PORON® urethanes are
lightweight, smooth to the touch, and resist piping, for the
greatest degree of shoe comfort, over the greatest length of
time. The PORON Urethanes materials offer a wide variety
of colors, thicknesses, densities and surface textures to
accommodate any kind of shoe for almost any activity - from
the everyday wear associated with dress shoes, to the
rigorous demands placed on shoes worn during high-impact
sports and exercise. End-uses include: Strap Padding,
Glove Cushioning, Sports Equipment Padding, Saddles,
Saddle Pads, Protective Equipment, Apparel, Seating
Cushioning, Back Packs, Handle Grips for Sports
- Prima-Tex prints and finishes wovens, knits and specialty fabrics made from cotton, poly/cotton blends, Lycra® blends, denim, nylon, and poly/rayon blends. The company’s design staff has the capability to design a variety of print patterns including florals, ditsy prints, abstracts, plaids, stripes and a variety of conversational patterns.
- ProSpin® is a patented core-spun yarn, made by Cone Mills, featuring a polyester core wrapped with a pima cotton blend (55% cotton/45% polyester (core spun)). The result is a fabric which offers the aesthetics of cotton with the performance of a synthetic. ProSpin is naturally wrinkle-resistant and over twice as strong as wrinkle free cotton fabrics with resin treatment. ProSpin is used in men's and women's casual clothing.
PyroSafe by Antex®
- PyroSafe by antex®, a new line of flame
resistant cotton knits, offers protective
clothing manufacturers dramatic new
possibilities to expand their lines of fire
resistant clothing by introducing the softest,
most comfortable and most durable fabrics on the
market for industrial applications. Pyrosafe
fabrics are currently in use by the U.S.