Gehring-Tricot / Tweave Textiles
- Gehring-Tricot has a diverse range of tricot and raschel machinery
of most any gauge needed. The company has a large selection
raschel spacer fabrics, offering an incredible breadth of designs.
Unique to Gehring is the use of many different yarns, which allows
for a varied market mix. In a typical year, Gehring-Tricot uses
anywhere from 200-250 different yarns, in combinationd of
filament and spun yarns. For its knit fabrics, Gehring uses such
yarns as nylon, polyester and spandex, to more complex
performance yarns, including aramids [meta and para], glass,
carbon, rayon, silk, wool, etc. Gehring-Tricot's woven division,
Tweave, produces stretch woven fabrics, known by the
Durastretch®, Duratech®, and Durasense™ brands, and are
available in a range of weights from 4-10 oz/sq.yd., and can
contain up to 50% spandex, primarily blended with nylon.
Genuine Fake ™
- Developed by Sommers Plastics, "Genuine Fake" is a synthetic (fake or faux) fur popular in apparel and home furnishings markets. The luxurious high pile faux fur is remarkably close to the look and feel of genuine fur, but is human and animal-friendly. Made of madacrylic and acrylic woven through a jacquard fabric backing, Genuine Fake comes in over stock patterns for immediate delivery. The fabric is washable and dry-cleanable.
Glen Raven Technical Fabrics (GRTF)
- GRTF produces textiles that combine global sourcing of raw materials with an evolving approach in thinking to provide consistently excellent solutions to its customers in various markets. The company's leading-edge manufacturing facilities specialize in weaving, knitting, dying, coating, and laminating worldwide, servicing the automotive, energy, filtration, geosynthetics, military, outdoor, and protective markets, at the same time providing freight solutions for a variety of customer shipping needs.
- Glenaura is Glenoit Mills' cut pile with a sheared, velour-like surface, made of a blend of Micro-acrylic and modacrylic. Major properties of this easy-care fabric include moisture transport capabilities, excellent color retention, and quick drying. The pile is used in outerwear, skiwear, and casual sportswear.
- Developed by Glen Raven Technical Fabrics (GRTF), GlenGuard FR® offers the best protection-to-weight ratio available in the market, ensuring comfort without sacrificing safety. GRTF's fabrics have proven their capabilities within the FR apparel market, incorporating durability and comfort while surpassing government safety requirements. GRTF's aim is to keep the wearer safe and cool. GlenGuard FR® qualities include: Protection against flash fire/arc flash hazards; available in 2 weights: 4.5 oz. (7.3 ATPV Rating) and 6.4 oz. (10.1 ATPV Rating); Offers both Class I (4.5 oz) and II (6.4 oz) protection; Inherently flame resistant; Solution dyed; Best protection-to-weight ratio available in the FR market; comfortable FR workwear; Wickzz™ proprietary finish to eliminate moisture in garment.
- Developed by Glen Raven Technical Fabrics (GRTF), GlenGuard® Hi-Vis offers unrivaled arc flash and flash fire protection. When it comes to protection, you need more than just hi-vis. The arc/flash fire protection should meet the highest levels of protection. Safety vests produced using GlenGuard® Hi-Vis offer patented “no melt, no drip” technology, and as part of our family of GRTF's FR protective fabrics. Qualities include: Protecttion against flash fire and arc flash hazards; “No melt, no drip” technology; Inherently flame resistant; ANSI compliant; Solution-dyed; 6.4 oz fabric; Constructions: Woven or Mesh; and Colors: Yellow, Orange. GlenGuard Hi-Vis is ideal for use in the industrial, highway construction, electric and gas utilities, transportation, government and military sectors.
- GlenPile is a pile fabric made by Glenoit Mills, Inc., made from a special blend of technical fibers, including Micro-acrylic fibers, polyester and polypropylene. Each individual fiber insulates, breathes and wicks moisture away from the skin independently. The fabric has excellent insulation with a high warmth to weight ratio, and is soft, breathable, and drapes well. GlenPile fabric can be made in a variety of colors, patterns, textures and sculpting (high and low pile) It's easy to care for and maintains its appearance after washing.
- GORE DRYLOFT® Fabric is an extremely breathable, weather-resistant, windproof shell fabric, engineered for the protection of high-loft insulations. It keeps insulation dry from the inside so you stay warm. It uses a light, patented composite barrier, which allows perspiration vapor to pass through the loft and out through the fabric to keep the loft dry. This fabric is water resistant, but not waterproof. It is used in insulated sleeping bags and parkas.
- GORE WINDSTOPPER® Fabric is a durable windproof system that
is very breathable and provides warmth with less bulk. It is the
result of laminating their ultralight ePTFE (expanded
polytetrafluoroethlene) membrane to various high-performance
fabrics. This provides a durable windproof fabric with very little
or no loss of breathability. It is used as liners for sweaters, pants
and casual wear, and windproof fleece for outerwear, gloves,
hats and other accessories.
- GORE-TEX® Fabric is the most durably waterproof, very breathable, windproof fabric available. It's uniquely patented structure is made up of two different substances. One is a ePTFE (expanded polytetrafluoroethlene) membrane, which is hydrophobic or water hating. It contains 9 billion pores per square inch. Liquid water cannot penetrate these pores, but moisture from perspiration can easily escape. Integrated into the membrane is an oleophobic or oil hating substance, which prevents penetration of contaminants that might affect waterproofness or breathability.
GORE-TEX® IMMERSION TECHNOLOGY®
- GORE-TEX® IMMERSION TECHNOLOGY® Fabric is the result of a unique fabric laminate, special seam-sealing process, and a manufacturing technology first developed for U. S. Navy pilot survival suits. This fabric provides ultimate waterproofness with comfort. It is used in products like dry suits and fishing waders. However, it is not an insulationg fabric.
GORE-TEX® OCEAN TECHNOLOGY®
- GORE-TEX® OCEAN TECHNOLOGY® Fabric contains a super high-strength Gore-Tex® membrane for extremely durable waterproofness. It has been specially engineered for the offshore and coastal sailors, and it includes special closure systems featuring extensive seam taping and weather flaps, and the latest waterproof designs, such as anti-wick linings and waterproof closures.
Green Line™ by Antex
- This line of environmentally friendly cotton fabrics, made from organic cotton, is a new development from Antex Premier Performance. The collection is targeted towards the yoga and other casually active sportswear markets. Green Line™ is available with moisture management and/or antimicrobial finishes.
Guilford Performance Textiles
- This company has a long history of manufacturing highly technical fabrics for a variety of markets. From lightweight, stretch layering apparel that wicks moisture away from the skin to heavier compression garments, Guilford has the technical experience. Guilford is also a leading manufacturer of highly engineered loop closure fabrics. Loc Loop® is one of Guilford's many proprietary, patented loop fabric innovations. Available in nylon and polyester, Guilford's loop fabrics range from light weights for disposable consumer goods to heavier weights designed for long lifecycles. Guilford also offers a variety of lining and functional fabrics for flame or adhesive lamination including: Nylon and polyester scrims/linings; Flat and brushed linings; Industrial nettings; and Industrial suedes. Finally, Guilford has experience in the window fashi