- Developed by BondCote, OakTreeTM is an FR mesh fabric produced by BondCote Corporation. Just like an oak tree, this fabric is very strong and provides excellent shade from direct sun.
Though lightweight, OakTree provides an average of 85% sun block. The proprietary coating system provides UV, flame, and mildew resistance. OakTree is available in visual and Infrared Reflectant (IR) colors.
OakTree has a minimum service life of 2 years with no degradation of mission performance and a storage life of 5 years, with no significant degradation to extreme temperatures, weathering, mildew, or petroleum, oil, and lubricants (POL). OakTree is weldable.
OTEX Specialty Narrow Fabrics™
- Manufactured by OTEX Specialty Narrow Fabrics™, a solution provider of innovative narrow woven tapes and webbing for high performance applications, this portfolio of narrow fabrics incorporates a variety of narrow textile webbings, tubes, elastics, tapes, lanyards, bindings, ropes and specialty fabrics for a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, outdoor, safety, military, fire protection, filtration, and electrical arc protection. The company uses such specialty yarns as Nomex®, Kevlar®, Vectran®, PBI, and Technora®, and solution-dyed acrylic. OSNF’s R&D department provides narrow fabric solutions to meet a broad array of unique, custom requirements.
- OuterBounds is a double-sided fleece fabric, developed and
manufactured by Tullahoma Industries. The fabric is made of
100% modified polypropylene yarn. The fabric is lightweight,
comfortable, warm, quick drying, and more durable, compared
to other fleece fabrics. The new generation OuterBounds active
fleece product surpasses the insulation properties of similar
weight polyester fabrics without being bulky. It provides warmth
- Outlast® Temperature Regulating Fibers and Fabrics contain
millions of micro-thermal spheres that create a dynamic thermal
barrier that works to keep the micro-climate next to the skin
warm and comfortable, despite changes in outside temperature.
These micro-thermal materials absorb, store, distribute, and
release heat in response to the body's comfort needs. Uses
include: ski boot, gloves, hats, pants, parkas, mountaineering
wear, sleeping bags, socks, thermal underwear and bedding
- As a coating on textiles, Outlast® coated materials offer a higher
capacity to store heat than any of Outlast's other applications.
Outlast® coanted materials are intended to be used in products
that are not in direct contact with the skin (i.e. footwear,
bedding, outerwear, etc.). A wide range of materials can be