- This is a new line of improved FR safety & protective elastics, launched by OTEX Specialty Narrow Fabrics™ and FULFLEX®. FR-FLEX™ features improved FR capabilities for an upgraded no melt/no drip performance with increased design options. Using FR-Flex™ allows for a thinner, flatter design with better hand while not sacrificing performance. End-use applications include harness webbing for SCBA, elastics for face masks, straps for thermal imaging cameras, suspenders and belts for pants and lifelines as well escape ropes for safety. All products are engineered to meet NFPA Standards.
- Sewfree adhesive films are specifically designed to replace stitched seams in garments. Seams made with Sewfree are just as strong as sewn seams. The bonded seam is unwrinkled, waterproof, and can reduce the need for additional taping. Bonded integral seams can retain the stretch characteristics of the body fabric.
Sewfree® High Recovery TPU Elastomers
- These new tapes offer the best recovery while still maintaining the sleek, smooth aesthetics of a Sewfree seam, band or hem. In addition to the design benefits, careful attention to the manufacturing methods and fabrics used in making intimate garments was given. These High Recovery TPU Elastomers satisfy both the need for enhanced designs, better performance and the need for greater flexibility in manufacturing.
- For over 40 years, Shelter-Rite® architectural fabrics have been engineered with a proprietary coating formula for superior UV and mildew resistance, and unique weft inserted knit fabric that provides excellent tensile, tear and seam strength. This time-tested technology has resulted in architectural structures that maintain long-lasting aesthetics. For added protection from the elements, Seaman Corporation offers the broadest line of top finishes in the industry featuring Shelter-Rite® Brite™ Tedlar® and Kynar® fluoropolymer top finishes.
- This soft, non-woven, reflective insulation fabric, developed by
Advanced Flexible Materials, creates a comfortable insulating
lining. Made of aluminized polymer film, Silver Lining’s radiant
barrier both bars and allows the penetration of heat to maintain
a consistent temperature in an environment. Silver Lining’s ultra-
thin coating of 99.99999% pure aluminum is applied in a vacuum
chamber. The highly efficient heat-reflective coating is about
1/100th the thickness of a human hair. The micro-thin reflective
insulation coating is capable of returning up to 80% of a person’s
body heat. Silver Lining’s reflective insulation can be compared
to a “heat-mirror”. Just as a mirror returns light, a “heat-mirror”
- Developed by Springs Creative, Sleepskin is the first performance fabric scientifically developed to improve sleep. This new patented mattress fabric uses revolutionary "Fluid Stretch" to offer an unparalleled level of pressure relief and comfort. Test show that Sleepskin stretches 20 times easier than "super stretch knits". And, the fabric surface of Sleepskin allows for super quick moisture evaporation, which greatly improves surface comfort. Nothing is more important than temperature-regulation during sleep. Sleepskin is specifically constructed to transmit heat away from the body, giving a cooler sleep.
- Developed by Honeywell Performance Materials & Technologies,
Spectra® fiber provides lightweight, dependable strength in
demanding applications. Produced using a patented gel-spinning
process, Spectra® is a bright white polyethylene fiber with high
resistance to chemicals, water, and ultraviolet light. The fiber is
stronger than steel and 40 percent stronger than aramid fiber.
Spectra® is also capable of withstanding high-load strain-rate
- Sta-Kleen Polycarbonate (PC) by The Mitchell Group is a polyurethane coated upholstery fabric made from 100% polycarbonate resins. The polycarbonate resins provide for an incredibly strong and durable product. The combination of the polycarbonate resins and Sta-Kleen stain resistance means Sta-Kleen PC can withstand the harsh chemical disinfectants used in commercial environments. It has been accepted into the Healthier Hospitals Initiative for Safer Chemicals. The initial offering consists of five patterns.
- This broad array of innovative materials integrate commercially available materials with custom-proprietary armor technology to create award winning extreme textiles. These materials offer durability, flexibility, breathability, water resistance, abrasion resistance, stain resistance, and slash resistance. They are utilized in industrial, commercial, recreational, and military application around the globe. Our materials enhance product performance. We also offer lightweight fabrics, custom colors, logos and patterns. No other material offers such value, performance and versatility-simultaneously.
- Developed by DuPont Tate & Lyle, Susterra® is the pure, bio-based,
petroleum-free diol. Susterra® propanediol, the building block that
delivers high performance in a variety of applications, from
polyurethanes and unsaturated polyester resins to heat-transfer
fluids. For polyurethanes, Susterra® propanediol is an excellent
polyol or chain extender that gives manufacturers flexibility when
developing high-performing, bio-based solutions. The innovative
Susterra® sustainable textile solution offers manufacturers of
performance fabrics is available to designers of apparel, footwear
and gear. DuPont Tate & Lyle’s Susterra® propanediol durable
coatings and waterproof, breathable membranes are manufactured
through a proprietary fermentation process using plant-derived
glucose. In addition to being renewably sourced, Susterra® is
manufactured using a sustainable process that produces 50% less
greenhouse gas emissions and consumes 42% less non-renewable
energy than equivalent petroleum-based diols.
- Developed by Sympatex Technologies, this innovation provides for innovative heat technology. The technology provides for vapor deposition of aluminium onto the membrane, which results in up to 75% of body heat being reflected. The membrane achieves up to 3.6°C less heat loss and offers more freedom of movement and better performance, due to the lack of additional layers of insulation. In addition, the technology is 100% waterproof and provides optimal breathability. The reflection effect of the aluminium coating achieves up to 3.6°C less heat loss and reduces energy costs in a water bed by up to 70%. it creates a perfect climate for sleeping.
- Developed by Sympatex Technologies, the Sympatex brand was created in 1986 by the Akzo Nobel Group as a result of a polymer patent application. The Dutch group of companies used the polymer product to develop pioneering membrane technology. The brand name was created from an amalgamation of the terms “sympathetic” (resp. “friendly”) and “textiles”. Sympatex develops, manufactures and sells membranes, laminates, functional textiles, finished products and end products for a range of applications with selected partners all over the world. The products with the Sympatex membrane are tested in minute details at the Sympatex laboratories to ensure that they feature good workmanship, are water and windproof, breathable and durable. In addition all seams are sealed with genuine Sympatex tape to ensure that they are waterproof.