Natural Fiber - animal fiber created by the silk worm
- Soft or crisp hand
- Drapes and tailors well
- Thinnest of all natural fibers
- Dyes and prints well
- Hand-washable or dry-cleanable
- Little problem with static, no pilling problem
- Only fair abrasion resistance
- Poor resistance to prolonged exposure to sunlight
MAJOR END USES:
- Apparel - dresses, blouses, skirts, jackets, pants, pants, scarves, ties.
- Home Fashion - curtains, draperies, upholstery.
Return to Fiber Characteristics Index
Continue to Fiber/Fabric Care
Or, Return to Seminar Index
Please let us know your
comments about this
site. Or, contact us to find out more about our live seminar
programs for major retailers, associations or consumer groups.