- DACRON® is an Invista polyester fiber, initially developed as a
filament yarn for apparel fabrics. The product introduced "easy
care" to the market by being the first brand to deliver wash-and-
wear benefits to garments. The size, shape and chemistry of
DACRON® fibers have been engineered to deliver textile features
and benefits not just to apparel. It is used as fiberfill in pillows
and decorative fabrics in home textiles. Its exceptional
adaptability has also led to the creation of new products in the
commercial upholstery and automotive markets.
- Touring, camping, or fishing, Darche is trusted and recognized as a leader in outdoor gear and proven to stand the test of time.
- Darlexx Superskin®, Shawmut Mills, is made with two-ply nylon and Lycra®, along with a proprietary thermoplastic film laminate. The fabric provides a low drag coefficient for speed in competition swim, ski, and running apparel.
- Darlexx Thermalastic®, Shawmut Mills, is a three-ply Lycra® with a proprietary thermoplastic film and microfiber fleece. The fabric is waterproof, windproof, and breathable and provides all-directional stretch and insulation characteristics for watersports and skiwear apparel.
- Darlexx®, made by Shawmut Mills, is a two-, three-, four-ply Lycra® fabric with a proprietary thermoplastic film laminate, which creates waterproof, windproof, breathable characteristics in all-directional stretch fabric for outerwear, swimwear, skiwear, and scuba apparel.
- Darlington provides innovative, high-quality performance fabrics, which can create a competitive edge for branded products in five important ways: 1) Breadth of Line – Warp knit stretch and rigid fabrics 45” wide to 120” wide in finished weights from 1.5 to 12.0 oz/sq yd. Constructions include Tricot, Raschel, Satin, Power Net and Mesh. 2) Prepared for Print (PFP)- Available in nylon/spandex and polyester/spandex blends. 3)Color – custom colors and finishes to specifications with color accuracy and consistency, across dye lots, year after year. 4) Performance Reliability – strict physical specifications (width, weight and stretches) are maintained across dye lots. 5) Quality Control – Darlington is vertically integrated from yarn to finished fabric; this includes warping, knitting, dyeing and finishing.
Deer Creek Fabrics
- The Deer Creek Line of performance fabrics are developed by
Deer Creek, a Stamford, Connecticut, based technology and
customer-driven textile company. The innovative knitted fabrics
are targeted towards the outdoor and active performance wear
markets, as well as the industrial and medical markets. Besides
maintaining its line of innovative product developments, Deer
Creek Fabrics also works closely with its customer base of
branded manufacturers and specialty retailers in the
development of customized fabrics.
Defender™ heat felts
- Defender™ heat felts, produced by Albarrie Canada Ltd., protect the critical surface finish of aluminum, glass and steel products during their manufacture. Originally designed as a replacement for graphite in aluminum extrusion handling systems, our felt products have been steadily adopted by other industries thanks to their extremely durable heat and cut resistance. Defender™ products include an assortment of rollers, pads, belts, and spacer sleeves in a variety of technical felt materials including Kevlar®, Nomex® and PBO.
Design Knit Fabrics
- Developed by Design Knit, Inc., located in Los Angeles, California, a collection of new fabric developments and European quality fine-gauge knits targeted towards the high-end contemporary/ fashion markets, but are available at affordable prices. The company continually adds new product developments to its knit fabric line, utilizing a wide variety of fine, high-quality yarns including: Supima® cotton, organic cotton, Modal®, Micro Modal® blends, Tencel®, bamboo, as well as silk, wool, and cashmere blends. All knitted fabrics can be constructed with or without Lycra®/spandex.
- DirecTex products include fabrics, webbing, specialty materials, metal and wire-formed hardware, plastic hardware, hook & loop fasteners, cord and elastic products, and sewing threads. The company's knowledge, along with its direct production connections and dedication to detail, make it a one-stop for all types of production component needs. DirecTex can assist in finding other component materials, even if the need extends beyond the company's traditional specialty areas of webbing, plastic and hardware. The DirecTex trademark bands include: Yaw Liamy Fabric, Wirewright Metal Hardware, Titan Plastic Hardware, D-Web Narrow Webbing, Grip-It Hook and Loop, Zip-It Continuous Chain, ProForce Tactical.
- Dorlastan® is the spandex fiber produced by Bayer Inc. It is lightweight and soft, but stronger and more durable than rubber. Dorlastan can be stretched over 500% without breaking, and can be stretched repeatedly and still recover it's original length. It provides lightweight freedom of movement in men's, women's and children's apparel. Uses include athletic apparel, bathing suits, foundation garments, ski pants, slacks, tights, slacks, support and surgical hose.
Dow Corning® Active Protection System
- Dow Corning® Active Protection System is a smart high-
performance textile for impact protection for use in high-
performance sportswear, medical devices, architecture &
construction, industrial & geo fabrics, military & civil defense
- This broad line of of down and feather, and synthetic bedding products, produced by DOWNLITE® of CinCinnati, Ohio, consists of comforters, pillows, mattress pads, and feather and fiber beds. The products are sold under private label in leading department stores, specialty stores, and catalogs, as well as under major national brand names. DOWNLITE® also supplies high-quality bulk fills to furniture, outerwear and sleeping bag manufacturers around the globe. DOWNLITE® is a bluesign® system partner having gone through rigorous tests that meet contemporary ecological requirements to verify compliance with the bluesign® criteria.
- Developed by Sustainable Dow Source, DownTek™ is one of the industry’s leading water repellent down insulation products. DownTek absorbs 30% less water and dries 60% faster than untreated down, and retains significantly more loft than untreated down after exposure to moisture. DownTek products can be washed without losing the ability to repel water, retains the same fill power as untreated down and the water repellent treatment adds no measurable weight. DownTek is an all natural, non-synthetic treated down that is PFOA and PFOS free and environmentally safe. Visit www.down-tek.com for more information.
Draper Body Therapy®
- Developed by Draper Knitting Company, this technology includes
a full range of finished products to help integrate therapeutic
benefits to where needed them most, in easy to care for use
items. Whether the need is a better night's sleep, looking to
achieve better recovery from a workout, or wanting to address
chronic body issues, the Draper Body Therapy® products contain
Celliant® fibers to help the body to feel good. All general
products are Made in the USA. The socks are made in Italy.
Draper Canine Therapy®
- Developed by Draper Knitting Company, this line of canine
products is designed with canines (and felines) in mind. The
Draper Canine Therapy® line of products meets the needs of
even the most fuzzy keepers. Whether it's a tough durable, but
super Dog Coat to keep the dog cool and provide therapy to
where it is needed the most, the benefits of Celliant® can truly
help improve the overall health and wellness to animals. The
Draper Canine Therapy® line is Made in the USA, and is
Draper Equine Therapy®
- Developed by Draper Knitting Company, Draper Equine Therapy®
offers the equestrian market a full range of products to help any
equine look and feel their best. Designed with therapeutic
benefits, every product also helps to wick away moisture and
stands up in any barn environment. All products are cut and
sewn by Diamond Wool Pads and Saratoga Horseworks, both
highly respected companies in the equine clothing industry.
Draper Knitting Fabrics
- Draper Knitting (all fabrics made in Canton, Massachusetts,USA) offers three types of fabric formations under one roof. Non-woven stitch-bonded fabrics are high performance low cost liner fabrics and are custom blended to meet any specification. Our Ecopile (100% post consumer recycled polyester pile fabric for people like Patagonia) has been a popular seller for over 15 years. Our conventional knits are offered in many layouts from rib and jersey knits to Lacoste and Piques, customizable to meet your needs.
- Developed by Optimer Brands, DRIFIRE® is the premier provider and developer of high performance flame resistant (FR) fabrics and protective apparel to the government, industrial, racing and consumer markets. It is the only FR wear company to utilize drirelease® patented performance technology used by the world’s premier athletic brands. The FR clothing line ranges from the ultimate protection of combat-ready ensembles and flight suits to ultra-lightweight base layer shirts and bottoms for everyday wear.
- Developed by Optimer Brands, For brands seeking far-reaching performance apparel solutions, drirelease is more than an ingredient. We bring the engineering, fresh insights, practical know-how, and global capabilities together that help the performance apparel industry design for long-term success. Founded by a group including former Dupont scientists who shared a passion for advancing textile technology, drirelease® was launched as a patented blend of fibers that delivers superior wicking and fast-drying capabilities. With headquarters in Chicago, drirelease today is a global solutions provider, thanks to early development of a worldwide network of top suppliers and mills. As a product division of Optimer Brands, drirelease continues to focus on developing new fiber technologies and fabrics that appeal to the sophisticated design requirements of the world’s top brands while exceeding consumer expectations for comfort, fast drying, temperature regulation and odor control.
DRY INSIDE PERFORMANCE COTTON
- This innovative line of cotton fabrics, developed for the high performance and under garment markets through an exclusive partnership between Antex and Nanotex, is the first true “PERFORMANCE COTTON”. DRY INSIDE PERFORMANCE COTTON is a 100% natural cotton fabric which moves moisture from the inside to the outside of a garment, keeping the wearer dry and comfortable in active or athletic situations. A DRY INSIDE fabrics wick moisture from the skin side and instantly transfer it to the outside of the fabric, keeping the inside against the skin totally dry.
- DryLiner is a trademark fabric of InSport. It is
a lightweight blend of CoolMax® and Lycra®
designed with enhanced horizontal stretch and
inhibited vertical stretch. The construction of
this soft fabric provides both comfort and ideal
- Consoltex soft shell fabrics feature Dryon® is a
super durable water repellent finish (SDWR).
Dryon technology is invisible to the eye and
forces water to bead on the surface of the
fabric helping to keep you dry and comfortable.
Dryon performs up to ten times better than
competing water repellent finishes, does not
inhibit breathability and enhances stain
resistance. Dryon was originally developed for
use by surgeons and their staff protecting them
from contamination by bodily fluids, bacteria
and other pathogens. Dryon is designed with
renewable performance and is able to withstand
up to 75 industrial wash and sterilizat
- DrySport is a registered trademark of InSport. This is a uniquely double-faced fabric with a nylon face for maximum durability, and a Micromattique polyester backing provides superior moisture management through the latest hydrophobic/hydrophilic, push/pull fabric technology
DuPont™ Active Layer
- DuPont™ Active Layer is a recyclable, waterproof, breathable film used in apparel applications to help block out wind, cold, and water, so that people stay dry and comfortable during inclement weather conditions. DuPont™ Active Layer offers a sustainable solution for customers who want recyclability and performance from their textiles.
- (Woven Fabric Manufacturer) Developed by Gehring-Tricot and Tweave, this line was developed in order to offer quality stretch wovens to more price sensitive markets. Suitable for apparel and gear that needs minimal stretch and recovery, and basic performance levels, this line offers woven construction, comfort-stretch functionality, durable performance, and value pricing. Perfect for more fashion and price-driven applications, the Durasense line allows designers to incorporate the stretch woven look and feel to their products. Also, the convenience of domestic sourcing allows for NAFTA and CAFTA compliant items, as well as the ability to manage the supply chain more efficiently and effectively. Small lot sizes and low minimums provide for easy entry into new product lines with low risk.
- (Woven Fabric Manufacturer) Developed by Gehring-Tricot Corp. and Tweave, this brand encompasses a range of stretch wovens manufactured to stringent technical specifications. Ranging in spandex content from 10-50%, these styles are blended primarily with nylon. Fabrics in this range offer excellent shape retention and great durability with low weight/bulk.
- (Woven Fabric Manufacturer) Developed by Gehring-Tricot Corp. and Tweave, this line adds high tenacity nylon for extra strength, and offers some Cordura® stretch woven options.
- Developed by eVent® from the world's first air permeable and
fully waterproof membrane, DValpine is the most versatile
membrane in the collection, offering all-weather protection and
high breathability. DValpine laminates are perfect for
mountaineering, backpacking, snowsports and a broad range of
- Developed by eVent®, this ultimate durable waterproof
membrane, is built for those who continually push the limits.
This DVexpedition series waterproof technology is for extreme
weather conditions, and provides the greatest waterproof
protection, without sacrificing air permeability. It is ideal for
high-altitude adventures, snow sports, hunting and workwear.
- Developed by eVent®, and built for light-and-fast pursuits, the
DVstorm series features a lighter, more breathable membrane
that's paired with lightweight face fabrics and 10 denier backers
for an ultralight laminate. Ideal for high output users in
moderate weather conditions, such as hikers, runners, cyclists
and backcountry adventurers.
Dyneema® Fibers & Fabrics
- This ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene, Dyneema® fibers are a lightweight high-strength fiber, spun through a spinneret. Considered the strongest fibers in the world, these extreme low-density fibers are up to 15 times stronger than high-quality steel, on a weight for weight basis, yet still light enough to float on water. Dyneema® Fabrics are extremely durable, moisture resistant, abrasion resistance/cut resistance and UV resistant, and chemical resistant. End-uses include mooring ropes and nets for maritime and commercial fishing industries, military and law enforcement for personal and vehicle armor. Hybrid versions of woven Dyneema® fabric is being laminated to Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cubin Fiber) in backpacks for hardcore outdoor adventurers who need the toughest gear.