1 green hoodie
2 large sheets of green craft foam (3mm)
2 large sheets of yellow craft foam (2mm)
VELCRO® Brand Clear tape – 5ft. x 3/4 inch
Patterns: (download pattern pdf)
Spines (small, medium, large)
TAIL / SPINE
- Tail: Print pdf patterns. Enlarge tail pattern to scale and cut out of green craft foam. Secure to back lower edge of hoodie with VELCRO® Brand Clear tape.
- Spine: Using spine patterns, determine number of spines needed. Start with 2 small spines at top of hood and work up to large spines down the back. End with 2 medium and 1 small spine at end of tail.
- Important: For each spine needed, cut 2 spines from yellow craft foam. [Tip: Use disappearing ink marking pen for transferring patterns.] .
- Cut hook side of tape to length of lower edge of spine. Remove backing and stick tape along the lower each edge of each set of spines. Apply a small amount of craft glue near top point to clamp both sides of each spine together to dry.
- Measure from top of hood, down center back, to end of tail. Cut VELCRO® Brand Clear loop tape to length. Apply to center seam of hood, and down the center back of the sweatshirt and tail. Attach spines to loop tape.
CLAWED HANDS AND FEET
- 1. Cut hands and feet from green craft foam. (Reverse pattern for left hand and foot.) Cut claws from yellow craft foam. Glue claws to underside of fingers and toes with craft glue. Cut 3/8 inch strips of VELCRO® Brand Clear tape and apply hook side to top of one hand or foot strap and loop side to underside of other strap. Cut slits in top of feet and loop shoe string or strap through slits to keep feet in place. Wrap hand straps around wrist after putting on hoodie.
- 2. After wearing, remove spines, tail, and VELCRO® Brand Clear tape to return hoodie to original condition.
Designed by Kim Bell for Velcro USA Inc.