|drirelease® is a unique blend of patented fibers. The blend is 85-90% hydrophobic (water-hating) and 10-15% hydrophillic (water-loving) fibers, the optimal performance blend
is an engineered yarn, which uses a patented microblend of natural and synthetic fibers, combining the best qualities of both.
drirelease Microblend Performance Fabric
is patented for:
- Performance – This patented blend is made of of 85-90% hydrophobic/synthetic ("water-hating") fabrics and 10-15% natural/hydrophilic ("water-loving") fibers. This intimate combination works together to efficiently grab liquid away from the skin and push it to the outside of the fabric where it can evaporate quickly. Clothing made with drirelease feels soft and stays dry.
- Permanent Moisture Wicking – The drirelease moisture-transport system is built into the yarn and delivers everlasting wicking that won't wash out.
- Neutralizing Odors with FreshGuard – Embedded in all drirelease fabrics, FreshGuard blocks odor-causing sebaceous body oils from attaching to the fabric and stops the attraction of odor-causing bacteria. Not an anti-microbial or anti-bacterial, which attack bacteria that possess positive functions, FreshGuard is friendly to the environment.
- Dries 4x faster than cotton and keeps you dry
- Soft and natural to the touch
- Wicking qualities won't wash out
- Resists pilling and wrinkling
- Won't discolor with perspiration; no embarrassing underarm stains
- No annoying static cling; great for layering
- Virtually neutralizes odor
- Environmentally friendly without harmful chemicals
Unlike other products, which use a topical anti-microbial finish, FreshGuard is a process that is built directly into drirelease fabrics and doesn’t come out in the wash. In fact, all FreshGuard engineered fabrics are put through standard ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) wash tests, which include 50 washings. In each of these tests, FreshGuard products emerged untouched.
Fast Drying Performance Fabrics Blends:
Rather than just spreading moisture across the surface, drirelease fabrics push water and perspiration to the outside of a garment, releasing it into the air faster than other performance fabrics on the market. And with FreshGuard® embedded into all drirelease fabrics, every performance blend we offer delivers unmatched odor control as well.
- drirelease® WOOL – 88% polyester/12% wool
- drirelease® cotton – 85% polyester/15% cotton
- drirelease® TENCEL® - 88% polyester/12% Tencel®
- drirelease® SeaCell – 85% polyester/10% SeaCell/5%
- drirelease® Soy – 88% polyester/12% soy
- drirelease® Silk – 88% polyester/12% silk
- drirelease® Linen – 88% polyester/12% linen
- drirelease® ECO – 85% recycled polyester/15% organic or
- drirelease® Celliant – 50% Celliant polyester/35% polyester/15%
Patented drirelease technology enables brands to create unique apparel with permanent wicking, FreshGuard odor control and drying times 4x faster than cotton, while still maintaining the look, hand and feel of natural fibers. drirelease is used by more than 130 textile based consumer brands around the world through licensed yarn spinners in North America, Asia, Turkey, Central America and Europe. Without chemicals or irritants, it's the natural, eco-friendly way to bring performance properties to any garment.