CIRCUS - The Greatest Show on Earth
The modern circus has been entertaining Europe and America since the 1770s. The circus that George Washington saw in Philadelphia, filled with clowns, acrobats, rope-walkers and trick riders would seem familiar even today. FabricLink's Halloween Costume Closet has gathers some great DIY Circus Costume ideas for Everyone. Whether your idea is vintage or modern, inside or just outside of the BIG TENT, an all-out effort or last minute Halloween fun, find your circus costume ideas here!
If you need a little background in the variety of circus performers, both human and animal, check out the A-Z of Popular Circus Acts for inspiration. Or, just looking to get in the mood catch The Greatest Showman movie or treat yourself to the eye candy of Twisted Orbit's Greatest Showman Pintrest collection. Ready for a deep dive? Read the LA Times article on Costume designer Ellen Mirojnick and how she developed the costumes for Greatest Showman.
FEATURED CIRCUS COSTUMES:
- Girls, if you are looking to become a Ringmaster, Trapeze Artist or Bareback Horseback Rider, adapt VELCRO®'s Brand Sew-On Tape simple no-sew patterns of Princess, Pixie and Ballerina.
- Boys, achieve your Ringmaster or Lion Tamer look by adapting VELCRO®'s Vampire or Pirate patterns.
- If a Lion fits your starring Circus role, VELCRO® created a no-sew hoodie based creation to make you ROAR!
- Looking to add a Cape to dress up your Circus costume? VELCRO® has you covered with some great ideas.
Can't decide on what to be? Let FabricLink help with dozens of deciding resources: Whoooo Do You Want to Be for Halloween?
And don't forget to visit FabricLink's Halloween Costume Closet home: Everything you need to make some costume magic.
CIRCUS COSTUMES: UNDER THE BIG TENT
DIY RINGMASTER/ANIMAL TRAINER COSTUMES
- Adorable P.T. Barnum DIY Costume Video via YouTube
- Start with the Ringmaster and then get the whole family in the circus mode with DIY no-sew from Megan Zietz.
- In Honor of Design hits all the family notes with this DIY Circus Crew.
Lion Tamer clever and no-sew from Real Simple.
- Parents.com has templates and instruction for your little ringmaster that they can help make.
- Teen's Lion Tamer Costume from Make It & Love it.
- Youth Ringmaster DIY with items around the house care of Canadian Family.
- Sweet Happy Life makes Circus DIY a family affair: Ringmaster, Strongman, Clown.
- Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus (the real thing) shows you how to make your own Ringmaster Costume.
- Turn a sweatshirt into a custom no-sew Ringmaster coat from Parents magazine.
- Style me Pretty makes the Ringmaster come alive, down to the DIY epaulets.
- eHow makes the Ringmaster easy for men or women with lots of downloadable templates.
CIRCUS COSTUMES: THE SIDE SHOW
CIRCUS COSTUMES: THE ANIMALS
Still stuck for ideas? Go back to our Halloween Costume Closet and open another door...